POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : getting rid of "." during parsing : Re: getting rid of "." during parsing Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:14:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: getting rid of "." during parsing
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 6 Oct 2003 08:30:43
Message: <3f816073$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3f814f9d$1@news.povray.org> , "JC (Exether)" <no### [at] spamfr> wrote:

> I'm using POV-Ray under Linux and during the parsing I get a bunch of
> dots printing all the time. For long parsing this is very annoying as it
> takes resources (while running in emacs) and it floods my #debug
> messages. I've looking in the command line switches and even in the
> code, but I didn't find a way to get rid of these dots. Does anyone have
> a clue about it ?

I am not aware of any way to turn only the status stream off from the
command-line.  And if you cannot find it in the source code (it is really,
really easy to find), you should not be making changes in the source code at
all because you are most likely going to break more than anything else.

If you just want your debug messages somewhere, redirect the debug stream
(or all the streams you want) to a file and redirect all console output from
POV-Ray to /dev/null via the shell.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde