POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Any SMPOV-Users out there? : Any SMPOV-Users out there? Server Time
28 Jun 2024 22:23:12 EDT (-0400)
  Any SMPOV-Users out there?
From: Theo Gottwald *
Date: 5 Oct 2003 16:14:38
Message: <3f807bae@news.povray.org>
Last month - thanks to the great popularity of povray.org - I've counted
every day 30-100 Downloads from SMPOV.
And it continues so we are now safely over 3000 Downloads.

I am very happy that its not limited to a country or continent. However
without really counting,
I would say Asia (China !) and South Amerika have a little advantage about
Download numbers.

Thats a lot, if we accept that SMPOV is only intresting for people using
more then 1 CPU for rendering
and under some conditions with PIV Hyperthreading.

I got some mails, from SMPOV-Users one of them (Jim) told me he renders with
up to 15 CPU's.
He writes "Thanks again. SMPOV is a very useful piece of software.".
Thanks to you Jim for giving me good feedback.

I never had the chance to test the current SMPOV concept on more then 6
CPU's myself,
So I would like to know if there is anyone out there using SMPOV, and on how
many CPU's.

"Who is the ONE rendering with the most CPU's?" - Experiences?

Also other experiences about SMPOV are welcome.

I plan to use these knowledge for the next version of SMPOV.

--Theo
Distributed Network-Rendering or Local SMP-Rendering. With SMPOV and
POV-Ray 3.5. * Download free at: http://www.it-berater.org/smpov.htm