POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : hot hot hot! : Re: hot hot hot! Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:12:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: hot hot hot!
From: Rick [Kitty5]
Date: 4 Oct 2003 13:00:07
Message: <3f7efc97$1@news.povray.org>
Barron Gillon wrote:
> Thankyou for your input everyone.  The problem seems to have been
> resolved. There was a TON of dust in the heatsink, so I just cleaned
> that out, put on a resh layer of thermal paste (Arctic Silver III,
> pricy stuff), and things seem to be back under control.  It idles
> around 122, 123 F (50-51 C), and during a 7 minute test render it got
> up to 55...  Too hot for a purist, but then it has always run a
> little hot.

Thats not to bad, My other halfs PC runs the CPU fan depending upon CPU
temp. It sits around 45 degrees C no matter what its doing. I would feed it
something big and let it cook overnight, if for no other reason than to bed
the thermal paste in.

> like to extend my condolances to ABX, and admiration for putting up
> with what must be astronomical render times on that P233!

As do we all :P

--
Rick

Kitty5 NewMedia http://Kitty5.com
POV-Ray News & Resources http://Povray.co.uk
TEL : +44 (01270) 501101 - ICQ : 15776037

PGP Public Key