POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Announce Virtual Choreographer 0.1 : Re: Announce Virtual Choreographer 0.1 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:20:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Announce Virtual Choreographer 0.1
From: Pascal
Date: 4 Oct 2003 10:31:18
Message: <3f7ed9b6@news.povray.org>

de news: 3f7af316@news.povray.org...
>       Virtual Choreographer is a specification language and a tool for
> modeling and animating graphical and sonic objects.

Looks promising! I downloaded it and tried to compile it on a Debian PPC
linux of mine.
I ran into the following troubles :

missing packages: I had to install the following packages (Did I say I love
the Debian packaging system ?)

mesag3
glutg3-dev
libtiff-dev
libjpeg-dev

Build Problems:

1)  I ran into an automake/autoconf problem that seems to be related to the
autotools version :
    During the automake phase, it aborts with "AC_Dest macro undefined", at
the AC_OUTPUT macro in configure.in.

Workaround :
 in configure.in, changed AC_OUTPUT( <file1> <file2> ...)
 with
  AC_CONFIG_FILES(<file1>)
  AC_CONFIG_FILES(<file2>) ...
  AC_OUTPUT

2) fr-sound.cpp -> gcc aborts due to isdigit() : missing #include <ctype.h>

3) link phase: -L/usr/X11R6/lib was missing in the "libtool mode=link"
command

4) After installation, and downloading Spheres.conf & Spheres.xml, when I
launch VirChor
I get :

 Aborted

Any thought ?