POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : how to draw sth on the surface of a ball : Re: how to draw sth on the surface of a ball Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:27:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: how to draw sth on the surface of a ball
From: Hughes, B
Date: 4 Oct 2003 03:24:57
Message: <3f7e75c9@news.povray.org>
"Mike Williams" <mik### [at] econymdemoncouk> wrote in message

> // Here's one that I found lying around on my system. I don't know who
> // wrote it. I think it got posted to one of the povray groups in
> // January 2000, but I've so far failed to find the original posting.

Hmmmm, sure reminds me of something Mike Hough had put on a tutorial web
page. I just can't remember at all now. Couldn't get to his tutorial pages
anymore when I tried to find out what he had done.

Those egg yolk smilies of Frank's could make a person have abnormal fears of
boiled eggs. Well, could me anyhow. I know I would freak out if I opened
eggs and found those there. Interesting way of going about creating them.
And thanks for the comment about mine, Frank! I went for simplicity, hence
the fractions in the vectors to estimate where things ought to be versus
using decimal numbers. I seldom do that but figured it would read better.

Bob H.