POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : One Object in Union : Re: One Object in Union Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:14:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: One Object in Union
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 1 Oct 2003 13:37:29
Message: <3f7b10d9$1@news.povray.org>

news:3f7abd2c$1@news.povray.org...
> "mmm" <mik### [at] comcastnet> wrote in message

> Ignore the warning? Is the warning causing you a specific problem, or is
your
> objection to it purely aesthetic?

In fact, warning messages can be a real problem. A long parsing loop issuing
that sort of warning can make the parsing extremely slow. Ditto with some of
the isosurface warnings.

For instance :
#declare i=0;union{#while (i<100000)union{sphere{0,1 translate x*i}}#declare
i=i+1;#end
takes 2 min 10 to parse on my machine, instead of 10s if no union is used.

Though much preferable, making a check isn't always easy and can increase
the parsing time so there are some cases where it's just more practical to
turn the messages off with -GW if they become a nuisance.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com