POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : One Object in Union : Re: One Object in Union Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:12:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: One Object in Union
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 1 Oct 2003 08:39:18
Message: <3f7acaf6$1@news.povray.org>
Warp already gave that reply, but with a chunk of #if around it, so I
thought I'd put it here for simplicity:

union{} takes several objects.
object{} takes just one.

So, instead of union{}, just use object{}, but once you'll use more than one
actual object there, I think POV-Ray issues not only a warning, but stops as
well. That's the point where Warp's #if come in: check if you actually have
one or more objects, and then use object{}/union{} as required.

Greets,
Tim

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: tim.nikias (@) gmx.de

> I'm writing a macro that takes the union of from 1 to n objects.  If there
> is one object, POV rightfully issues a warning message.  How can I get
> around the problem?  If POV had a null object, I could always include that
> in the union.
> Thanks in Advance.

---