POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Making Code Conditional on Quality Setting : Re: Making Code Conditional on Quality Setting Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:14:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making Code Conditional on Quality Setting
From: David Wallace
Date: 29 Sep 2003 14:24:11
Message: <3f7878cb@news.povray.org>
I second this idea.  I currently use an IsTest variable for my more complex
scenes to control draft/final renders.

My method uses true and false as opposed to custom variables.

#declare IsTest = [true/false]
#declare ObjTest = [true/false]
#declare TexTest = [true/false]

#declare UseObj = ( IsTest & ObjTest ? RealObj : StubObj )
#declare UseTex = ( IsTest & TexTest ? RealTex : StubTex )

object { UseObj texture { UseTex } }

I differ from Jerry only in that Draft=true and Final=false.