POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Fire Textures anyone? : Re: Fire Textures anyone? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 04:13:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fire Textures anyone?
From: -s0da-
Date: 29 Sep 2003 13:19:24
Message: <3f78699c@news.povray.org>
Figure this out...Any clue?

I have the torch mounted on a wall (plane)...looking at it from a
45 degree angle.  With just the torch, and the wall behind it,
the flame is visible.  However...when I put another wall, perpendicular
to the back wall, and back  a ways from the torch (so as to give a
corner type backdrop to the torch lighting), for some unexplicable
reason, the torch stays visible, but the flame vanishes.

I've tested this back and forth.  I remove the corner forming plane, and
the flame reappears.  Put it back...flame disappears.  Can't figure this
out.

And no...the plane is not in between the camera and the flame, otherwise
the torch wouldn't be visible.  it's just the flame that vanishes.

and I checked the light source as well...it's behind the camera, not blocked
out at all by the plane.

Anyone ever seen this behavior before?  Material being affected by objects
around it?  outside of its boundaries?