POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Making Code Conditional on Quality Setting : Re: Making Code Conditional on Quality Setting Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:13:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making Code Conditional on Quality Setting
From: -s0da-
Date: 29 Sep 2003 13:02:20
Message: <3f78659c$1@news.povray.org>
I beg to differ.  This can be a HUGE benifit.

Not so much with actual shapes, as with textures,
and light sources.  Having a "rough draft" declaration
and using it to determine whether you'd like just a flat
gray wall, or a really complicated brick texture complete
with finish, bump maps, and color maps can cut your
render time by more than half.