POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature question : Re: Feature question Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:16:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feature question
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 29 Sep 2003 11:43:28
Message: <3f785320$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3f78338d$1@news.povray.org> , "Shay" <sah### [at] simcopartscom> wrote:

> IIRC, we could with an earlier version of POV-Ray place command line
> options within the scene file. I'm curious why this feature was removed,
> or if it never existed, why it does not. This would be nice for those of
> us using editors besides POV-Win.

You never could.  You could in some old version of MegaPOV

It was not added to POV-Ray 3.5 because it fundamentally breaks the way
POV-Ray works and exposed a lot of things to users they should not have
access to.  In particular, the rules which options would be allowed and
which were not allowed.  It also made the files uncontrollable by INI files.
In short, it caused only problems.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde