POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Making Code Conditional on Quality Setting : Re: Making Code Conditional on Quality Setting Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:15:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making Code Conditional on Quality Setting
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 29 Sep 2003 11:41:10
Message: <3f785296$1@news.povray.org>
In article <web.3f784f827beb29f5458b4d510@news.povray.org> , "wacampbell"
<nomail@nomail> wrote:

> I am interested in making some of the code in my scene file conditional on
> the quality setting.

Unless you have an extremely complex scene, this will not really give you
much of a benefit...

> #if( Quality == 0 )
>      box{ ... }
> #else
>      object{ DetailedModel }
> #end
>
> The word Quality doesn't seem to be recognized as a valid variable.

Why should it be recognised?  And how did you get the idea it would be
recognised?

>  Does anyone have any thoughts on how I might accomplish this.

You can declare variables on the command-line.  How to do this is explained
in the manual.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde