POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : IRTC Stills Surrealism results : Re: IRTC Stills Surrealism results Server Time
9 Jun 2024 23:15:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC Stills Surrealism results
From: Roberto A
Date: 26 Sep 2003 14:22:13
Message: <3f7483d5@news.povray.org>
> Here's a much better idea: Start your own competition. The shortest-code
> competition was popular enough and was IIRC not an official competition.
> Just select a topic and a jury, find a little web space to post the
> images, and then announce your competition in p.gen. I'm sure you can
> get enough takers if the topic is good. You might try looking on the
> IRTC topic suggestion list for ideas.

Well, unfortunately I don't have the time for that. In fact, I'm such a
nobody on the general raytracing community that I strongly doubt anyone
would be much interested. :-) But I agree with you, there's plenty of room
for other competitions.

That was only a wild suggestion to draw ideas from to improve the current
IRTC. Take a look on Jim Charter's answer, it was pretty illustrative of the
reason behind my suggestion.

Regards!