POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Just some thoughts (modelling related, sort of...) : Just some thoughts (modelling related, sort of...) - cont. Server Time
19 May 2024 09:00:53 EDT (-0400)
  Just some thoughts (modelling related, sort of...) - cont.
From: Markus Altendorff
Date: 26 Sep 2003 06:01:43
Message: <3f740e87$1@news.povray.org>
To add to my previous post:

My guess is that it's hard to "identify" image content quickly if
it's too far away from what the viewer expects to see.

Take Sci-Fi (not all that far-fetched from my anim project ;-):
Most of the time, there's absolutely no need to put impressive
diagrams and odd blinkenlights on everything (esp. if there's no
one except the "virtual viewer" who could possibly ever see it) -
but what appeal would a camera flight through a truly "technical"
control room have? I can almost imagine the storyboard lines:
"0:03:15. Camera moves through bridge. Of course, with nobody
there, all controls are switched off to preserve energy. Total
darkness. Bores the viewer for the next 15 seconds, but it's
really fast to render" ;-)

In a way, i feel like i'm justifying the use of stereotypes
here... ;-)

-Markus