POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : IRTC Stills Surrealism results : Re: IRTC Stills Surrealism results Server Time
16 May 2024 10:56:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC Stills Surrealism results
From: St
Date: 24 Sep 2003 14:11:55
Message: <3f71de6b@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote in message
> St. wrote:
>

> >     Thanks. That would make it worse...   :(
> >

> Really?  The getting out part, or the pint?

   Oh, it's not the getting out part, it's the pint. It makes my
stomach swell up like, you know, like one of those Space Hoppers that
kids bounce around on. Probably as tight as that too.  ;)

> "Harvest" was your first entry wasn't it?

  No, but the first image that I really put some effort into.

My first entry I finished
> very close to the bottom in the ranking.  And I finish in the lower
half
> about as often as I do the upper half.  I don't take the
contest/voting
> part of this too seriously.  It's just a rough and ready way to
focus
> attention.  Maybe my experiences as a college art teacher helps me
keep
> some perspective, I dunno.

   I can understand that. My true art is jewellery design. *I* have
the best (and free!) Ray-Tracer in the World! - My Imagination. I can
see a design in my head, and then make the piece/model with my hands
and the tools that are available to me without referring to drawings
etc.

   I just wish I could do the same with PoV... It's sometimes
frustrating.

   ~Steve~