POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : IRTC Stills Surrealism results : Re: IRTC Stills Surrealism results Server Time
16 May 2024 01:06:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC Stills Surrealism results
From: Shay
Date: 24 Sep 2003 09:59:35
Message: <3f71a347$1@news.povray.org>
"Jeremy M. Praay" <jer### [at] questsoftwarecom> wrote in message

| And then only the doodles will win...
|
| I'm not saying that our method of voting is perfect,
| but I do believe we should all take part in it, when
| we enter.

I agree that it is in theory a good thing to take part. I think this
result makes it official, however, that IRTC=p.b.i. . Fine by me, but I
think that my hours are better spent creating pictures or commenting
than on subjecting the entries to a standard with which the majority of
entrants obviously disagree. Doing so serves no other purpose than
aggravation and is equivalent to the actions of those who post
identical, irrelevant comments on half of the entries.

Besides, if I were competing in a "who can produce the picture with the
fewest colors" contest, I wouldn't want someone to throw a wrench into
the voting by giving high scores to only the shiny entries.

 -Shay