POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature idea: Superpixel Antialiasing : Re: Feature idea: Superpixel Antialiasing Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:18:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feature idea: Superpixel Antialiasing
From: Ricky Reusser
Date: 22 Sep 2003 14:17:26
Message: <3f6f3cb6@news.povray.org>
> What do you think?

You've got my support!  I remember using StrataVision 3D back in the day and
it had support for this.  When I first started using POV-Ray, I was
surprised how much longer it took to render a simple scene with a flat
background.  Superpixel antialiasing is visibly blocky, but interpolated
and done with a low threshold would be seamless enough for most renders.
95% of the renders I do are only tests anyway and once you run it through a
codec like divx, it's only going to make it (more) blocky.  But I'm just
rambling.  Makes sense to me.

 - Ricky