POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Surrealism judging? : Re: Surrealism judging? Server Time
5 May 2024 19:49:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Surrealism judging?
From: Shay
Date: 18 Sep 2003 15:22:04
Message: <3f6a05dc@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote in message news:3f69f98c@news.povray.org...

|     Well, the amount 'is' a lot. I don't think that
| bothered me so much, but sometimes when I look at an
| image, I just don't know *what* to say about it - like
| I said above, I'm not qualified enough to comment on
| most of them. But I'm working on it.  ;)

I feel like I need to treat each image as if the person worked very hard
on and put a lot of thought and feeling into it. This becomes difficult
when I know that 2/3 of the images weren't really meant to be more than
a chance for the person to learn the software or try out some particular
technique.

I wonder how it would go over if the entries were split into two
separate categories (selectable by each entrant), competitive entries
and display entries. All entries could be commented on, but only those
in the competitive group would be voted upon. I am very proud of the two
IRTC entries which I have sent in, but neither was meant to be
competitive, and I feel that whatever time people spent voting on them
was pretty much wasted. I do enjoy seeing if anyone got anything out of
them, however, so I would have entered them as display entries.

 -Shay