POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : selecting several thousand lines in pov file : Re: selecting several thousand lines in pov file Server Time
4 Aug 2024 04:20:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: selecting several thousand lines in pov file
From: Steve Shelby
Date: 18 Sep 2003 08:51:39
Message: <3f69aa5b$1@news.povray.org>
Hugo,
Try this: Click in front of the first bracket, then go to Search and click
Match Brace, or simply click ctrl+], and it will go to the last bracket of
the mesh. At the bottom of the window there is a box that tells you the line
number, e.g., L:17361. Remember that number. Now go back to the beginning of
the file and click in front of the first line. Now, when you click on the
scrollbar, notice that a box will appear at the middle right of the screen
with the line number in it. As you pull the scrollbar down, the number goes
up. You should be able to get within a hundred or so of where you want to
be, and then you can use the up or down arrow if you need to. I just tried
it and found that it's not hard to get the end of the mesh right within view
by looking at the scrolling page number while using the scrollbar. With a
little practice it becomes a very easy task.
Steve