POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Human modeling : Re: Human modeling Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:14:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Human modeling
From: Anto Matkovic
Date: 17 Sep 2003 14:39:30
Message: <3f68aa62@news.povray.org>
"Brian Kastel" <bri### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> What program, by far, is the best human body modeling program?

Poser :)
If you like to do this from start, well... something with good subdividion
surfaces and a good 3d graphic card, say, from GeForce2 above. I have some
links to free or low-cost software, right at
http://www.matkovic.com/anto/linkovi.html . Wings3d (free) or Metasequioa
(free for non-comercial), between them. Commercial apps like a XSI or Maya
have some extra features, but really nothing outstanding. Subdividion
surfaces can be exported and animated almost everywhere, today. Just don't
forget this is not easy way. Some good (and commercial :) results can be
achieved after a long time (well, this is my case, hope you will be better).

Anto