POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : selecting several thousand lines in pov file : Re: selecting several thousand lines in pov file Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:19:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: selecting several thousand lines in pov file
From: Jim Charter
Date: 16 Sep 2003 11:37:02
Message: <3f672e1e$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Steve Shelby <ssh### [at] rexnetnet> wrote:
>
>>That's what I'm doing now. The problem is that it takes 5-10 minutes to
>>scroll down that many lines.
>

>   If you grab the scrollbar at the right and drag it down, it shouldn't
> take too much. That's what the scrollbar is for.

If the file is very large it is difficlt to do this accurately.  One
thing I try is to devise a strategy where I select off the topmost block
and either delete it or copy it.  That way I can use the Find to get to
the middle point, mark it then 'scroll bar' quickly to the top and Shift
click there to select the block.