POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Stacking objects : Stacking objects Server Time
4 Aug 2024 00:23:40 EDT (-0400)
  Stacking objects
From: JC (Exether)
Date: 15 Sep 2003 12:08:16
Message: <3f65e3f0@news.povray.org>
I'd like to do a scene with a heap of objects (cylinders in my case). I
don't want a physically accurate stacking of the objects, but I'd like
it to look realistic from a fair distance.

After thinking a bit about an algorithm I thought that it was not a very
easy problem. I had a look at the stacker*.pov scenes from pov distrib
but it is not really the same problem as all objects are put
horizontally in the example. The internet doesn't provide much more stuff.

Soooo .... You see where I'm getting right ??

Does anyone know of such tool (preferably a pov-script) that would do
what I seek ??

Thanks,

JC