POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bug: trace and no_image : Re: trace and no_image Server Time
4 Aug 2024 00:25:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: trace and no_image
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 14 Sep 2003 18:39:53
Message: <3f64ee39$1@news.povray.org>
So, I've tested your scene: once how you pasted
it here, and once with commenting the first, pure
no_image sphere in (and the latter one, with the
"normal" sphere inside, was commented out, of
course).

On both cases, it doesn't detect the no_image object,
but only the inner sphere with .5 radius.

I've got the official POV-Ray 3.5, Windows 2000,
768 MB DDR-RAM on AthlonXP 2400+.

Aside of that though:
IF the trace is based on the tracing rays of the
viewing screen, then I'd GUESS that it actually never
would  hit a no_image object anyway. Much like
radiosity doesn't see no_image objects. But
thats just a WILD GUESS which any newbie without
background knowledge should NOT listen to.

Rune, can you post a small example where it does
hit a no_image object?

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: no_lights (@) digitaltwilight.de

> Could someone please post a formal bug confirmation as a reply here - or
> else could someone make clear that it is not a bug?
>
> Rune
> --
> 3D images and anims, include files, tutorials and more:
> rune|vision:  http://runevision.com **updated Jul 25**
> POV-Ray Ring: http://webring.povray.co.uk

---