POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bug: trace and no_image : Re: Bug: trace and no_image Server Time
4 Aug 2024 00:28:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug: trace and no_image
From: Rune
Date: 12 Sep 2003 07:22:54
Message: <3f61ac8e$1@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
> It does detect the object.  The first object,
> and that is what it returns. However, there
> can of course be more objects in its path...

I don't know what you mean by the "first" object.

There is an inner sphere and an outer sphere (with bigger radius). The
trace coming from outside point towards their centers should first hit
the sphere with the biggest radius. But when this sphere has no_image
specified, it is being ignored.

If, by "first" you refer to the order that the object are written down
in SDL, then I can inform that switching the order that the objects are
written down in SDL changes nothing. It is still the object without the
no_image keyword that is being returned.

In generel, I find your answer confusing. Are you confirming or denying
the bug?

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com **updated Jul 25**