POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Bagatelle type board - Rune's Particles : Re: general encoding advices Server Time
2 May 2024 01:33:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: general encoding advices
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 9 Sep 2003 03:38:40
Message: <3f5d8380@news.povray.org>
> > Motion-blur helps reduce filesizes as well, and often looks
> > great, unless overdone. But that's another story.
> I tried the included motion-blur filter in VirtualDub, it looked to
> cartoony.

It's probably just too strong, and it can only merge the already exsisting
images. A better way is to render your animation with double frame rate, and
apply the motion blur in VirtualDub. Then, cut out half the images (every
second frame; can be done automatically) to reach normal frame-rate. I
haven't tried myself but this idea sounds logical.

Regards,
Hugo