POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : No POV-Ray at Renderosity site : Re: No POV-Ray at Renderosity site Server Time
4 Aug 2024 08:21:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No POV-Ray at Renderosity site
From: Steve Martin
Date: 7 Sep 2003 18:51:45
Message: <3f5bb681@news.povray.org>
Tim Nikias v2.0 wrote:
> Eh? And whats that supposed to signify?
>
> I don't get it. And I'm just talking about the
> sense in that context and the phrase YMMV
> in itself as well. I'm non-native english speaker,
> so let's say that me being german is guilty. :-)

"YMMV" ("your mileage may vary") is a commonly
used English phrase on these groups. It's meant to
signify that your results may be different than those
experienced by the poster, due to unforseen
conditions or varying circumstances. It's "borrowed"
from automobile TV commercials that used to make
claims of good gas mileage for their cars ("your
mileage may vary").

--
Steve Martin, CPBE CBNT