POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Calculate the camera position automatic : Calculate the camera position automatic Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:30:09 EDT (-0400)
  Calculate the camera position automatic
Date: 7 Sep 2003 11:53:33
Message: <3f5b547d$1@news.povray.org>
Hi

i have an object which i don't know the dimensions (created by an external
script) Now i want to show this object as full image (to fill most of the
image but nothing of the object should be hidden) and so I have to
automaticly calculate the position of the camera. How can i do this? I think
i can do this using max_extend and min_extend. But how without a lot of
calculations? Is there an easy way?

Setting the camera manually is not an option. I have about 500 of this
objects and they are all different.
It is for my converter from Eagle (a PCB layout programm) to POVRay.

--

mat### [at] matweide
http://www.matwei.de