POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : problem with poly object : Re: problem with poly object Server Time
4 Aug 2024 00:22:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: problem with poly object
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 7 Sep 2003 03:48:18
Message: <3f5ae2c2@news.povray.org>
In article <3F5### [at] pacbellnet> , Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet>
wrote:

>> Are you sure you don't just have a too low max_trace_level assuming you are
>> rendering transparent poly objects (of course)?  And did you use "sturm"?
>
> I doubt that is the case. See -
> http://news.povray.org/povray.bugreports/7728/?tmax=100
>
> I can't recall if a fix was ever submitted for v3.5.1 but there might have
> been one.

Yes, but as no scene was shown, I assume the "easy" causes.  After all, it
wouldn't be the first time a user misinterpreted a bug report without
knowing the whole background ;-)

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde