POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : No POV-Ray at Renderosity site : Re: No POV-Ray at Renderosity site Server Time
4 Aug 2024 00:22:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No POV-Ray at Renderosity site
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 6 Sep 2003 14:49:17
Message: <3f5a2c2d@news.povray.org>
It depends. On one hand, its very easy to understand
(at least IMHO) and once you've grasped the concept,
understanding the script of someone else isn't that
complicated either.
Still, modelling in script is a pain. I like it, its fun,
but popular modelling demands something else...

On the other hand, the scripting of POV is pretty
powerful, but I can't really judge on that, as I haven't
got any commercial renderer at hand.

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: tim.nikias (@) gmx.de

> Hy Tim!
> > Lets face it, POV-Ray is neat and free, its the
> > best image-processing "engine" I've seen so far, but
> > it has some drawbacks (e.g. scripting interface) which
> > just can't compete with popular programs.
> IMHO the scripting interface is the one thing which makes POV-Ray way
> better than all those other modellers :)
>
> Florian
> --

---