POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : No POV-Ray at Renderosity site : Re: No POV-Ray at Renderosity site Server Time
4 Aug 2024 00:23:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No POV-Ray at Renderosity site
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 6 Sep 2003 11:21:17
Message: <3f59fb6d$1@news.povray.org>
There is a simple explanation: not enough
artists submit POV-Ray work. And I think
the main point is that lots of techniques and
ideas apply to 3D-Studio Max, Maya,
Lightwave and whatnot, but POV-Ray (when
you attempt to do everything internally) requires
totally different techniques.
After all, that's what these newsgroups are for.
No one except a complete newbie will tell you
to use raytracing for better shadows... ;-)

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: tim.nikias (@) gmx.de

> Does anyone know why POV-Ray is not represented at
> http://www.renderosity.com ?
>
> It seems almost every ray tracing and modelling software has a section
> except POV-Ray.
>
> Cheers
> Eddie

---