POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : New IRTC Topic "Decay" : Re: New IRTC Topic "Decay" Server Time
18 May 2024 10:35:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New IRTC Topic "Decay"
From: Shay
Date: 6 Sep 2003 00:57:06
Message: <3f596921@news.povray.org>
gonzo wrote:

> Gonna be tough to score.

No doubt. I'm taking a break from that right now. It seems that the longer
I'm at it, the more everything looks either great or 5h!++y. I lose my
sense of perspective.

What I'm doing is going through in Winvote and giving things a ballpark
score as I add comments. When I'm done with that, I'll get them all into
the order I want and then go down the list giving out entries/20 ones,
entries/20 twos, etc.. That's the fairest way I can think to do it.

I also find that it helps for me to form a concrete idea of what my
qualifications for each category are for the round. For 'Surrealism' I'm
using:

1. Artistic Merit - Does the look of the entry reflect the tone of what the
entrant was trying to communicate? Is it beautiful if it should be
beautiful? Ugly if it should be ugly?

2. Technical Merit - How much of what is in the picture is the entrant's own
work? How do the details hold up to close inspection?

3. Creativity/Interpretatin - Is the picture at all provocative? Does the
image inspire any curiosity within me about the objects, events, or
viewpoint of the scene?

 -Shay