POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Black and white sky through transparent object : Re: Black and white sky through transparent object Server Time
4 Aug 2024 00:29:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Black and white sky through transparent object
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 5 Sep 2003 18:01:45
Message: <3f5907c9$1@news.povray.org>
Well, max_trace_level 5 is actually the default,
so just specifying wouldn't help. Naturally, 6
is one level further and improves black areas,
unless they are produced by even more
raytracing depth of reflections/transmission/refractions.

Just 2 cents.

Tim

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: tim.nikias (@) gmx.de

> > Kyler wrote:
> > >
> > > I created a window with a rgbf  pigment.  When look at the window
> straight
> > > on the sky is correct, but at an angle the sky is balck and white.
> > > Does anybody know the reason for this problem and a correction for it.
> >
> > From your description it would be difficult to diagnose without seeing
> > some of your source code that would illustrate the problem.
> >
> > You might try adding:
> >
> > global_settings { max_trace_level 5 }
> >
> > to your scene file and see if that fixes your problem.
> >
> > --
> > Ken Tyler
>
> Max-trace_level 5 didn't work but anything above 6 did.
>
> Thanks

---