POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : New IRTC Topic "Decay" : Re: New IRTC Topic "Decay" Server Time
18 May 2024 11:20:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New IRTC Topic "Decay"
From: Shay
Date: 4 Sep 2003 12:16:58
Message: <3f57657a$1@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote in message

| Still, can't negative from one
| point of view be positive from another?

That's the problem. I suppose that there is always a benefactor from
decay, but an image focusing on that factor is not focusing on the decay
at all. In a sense, the concept of decay is still present, but no more
than it is present in any picture of a person eating, a plant growing,
etc.

I usually see more of the benefit than the actual decay. I'm not the
type to get upset about old buildings being torn down or what happens to
a body after death. True, there is occasionally what I feel is the
unfortunate decay of something which I feel should be preserved, but I
don't feel nearly strongly enough about that to work for two months on a
picture depicting that loss. I've got a *short* attention span, so I've
got to really want to do something to spend two months on it.

 -Shay