POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : New IRTC Topic "Decay" : Re: New IRTC Topic "Decay" Server Time
5 May 2024 01:05:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New IRTC Topic "Decay"
From: Shay
Date: 2 Sep 2003 16:01:46
Message: <3f54f72a@news.povray.org>
"Txemi Jendrix" <tji### [at] euskalnetnet> wrote in message

I'm surprised that more people aren't expressing some enthusiasm about
this topic. I'm really interested because for the first time in a while,
we couldn't all guess what the winning entry will look like from day
one. I guess there's a decent chance that it will be a flower or small
tree growing amongst rubble, but there's also a very good chance that it
will be something which we have never seen in the IRTC before.

The commenting in this forum has revealed some really interesting
aspects of seemingly ordinary pictures, and there is usually at least
one picture in each round which I find extremely impressive, but I'd
like to see a round with pictures the very concepts of which make me
think "whoa...what the f***?" instead of "what a well done variation of
that theme."

That being said, I doubt that I will be able to come up with anything
for the decay round. When I see something decayed, I am usually struck
more by the resilience of what remains or the strength of whatever force
is causing something to decay rather than the actual decay itself. I
guess I'm too optimistic for this one.

 -Shay