POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Units of measure : Re: Units of measure Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:18:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Units of measure
From: Alan Smith
Date: 26 Aug 2003 10:11:48
Message: <3f4b6aa4@news.povray.org>
I agree it should support both, and don't wish to open a debate about the
relative merits of
different measuring systems.   At the moment I would achieve this by :-

#declare mm = 0.1;
#declare cm = 1;
#declare m = 100;
#declare in = 2.51*cm;
#declare ft = 12 * in;

but it would be so much nicer (and standardized) if it was built in.

Alan Smith

PS - Note the use of the 'z' in standardized (see I'm really not bothered,
both spelllings work
and I would like to use both!)