POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Vector graphics program exporting to PoV-Ray? : Re: Vector graphics program exporting to PoV-Ray? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 02:20:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vector graphics program exporting to PoV-Ray?
From: Thomas Willhalm
Date: 21 Aug 2003 04:38:07
Message: <3f4484ef@news.povray.org>

> High!
>
> I'm looking for a vector graphics program (for Windows or Linux) which
> is able to export polygons and curves,
> especially Bezier curves, as splines to PoV-Ray. The program should also
> support import of bitmap graphics, so that I
> would be able to manually draw a bezier curve based on a scanned image.

Are you aware of eps2pov? It has been posted to povray.binaries.utilities
by Ross Martin (http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.utilities/30771/).
So, you can use your favorite vector graphics program and export the image
as postscript. (I suggest XFig http://www.xfig.org/ , if you're looking for
a favorite vector graphics program.)

Greetings
Thomas