POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray 3.51? : Re: POV-Ray 3.5.1? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 08:23:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray 3.5.1?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 20 Aug 2003 10:28:59
Message: <3f4385ab@news.povray.org>
In article <dj36kvsd20667ifdkgjd4g5nphk6kto829@4ax.com> , ABX
<abx### [at] abxartpl>  wrote:

>> And the poster I replied to should really have understood
>> that from the version number.
>
> That's obvious for you, not for everybody.

But the whole software industry uses it!  While certain vendors hide the
version number behind a year number outside the package, the products still
show the real version number - which follows what has been "standard" for
over thirty years - in their about box dialog.  I.e. if you check your
system information, Windows 2000 is Windows NT 5.0 and XP is Windows NT 5.1.
Your newsreader is Forte Agent 1.8, etc, etc.  :-)

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde