POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Foot Ideas : Re: Foot Ideas Server Time
4 Aug 2024 02:21:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Foot Ideas
From: Tom Melly
Date: 19 Aug 2003 14:39:02
Message: <3f426ec6@news.povray.org>
"Jettero Heller" <pov### [at] voltar-confedorg> wrote in message
news:slr### [at] corkyvoltar-confedorg...

> could get that to work right. Did you just guess on the
> ratio?  Or do you know some sphericaltorid math properties
> that I don't?

Pure guesswork and a dozen or more different rotation/scaling/radius
settings, plus a general hunch that it was possible. To be honest, I'm still
not entirely sure what's happening in my code (but I haven't looked to
closely).

I know from experience that very ornate shapes are easy to conjure out of
CSG if you just let things happen and wrap some generation code in a loop or
two.