POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Foot Ideas : Re: Foot Ideas Server Time
4 Aug 2024 02:16:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Foot Ideas
From: Nicolas Rougier
Date: 19 Aug 2003 13:16:51
Message: <3f425b83$1@news.povray.org>
For gobans I made, I used isosurface objects:

Two half of sine a sphere for the foot:

  function {sqrt( x*x + y*y + z*z ) - .9 + abs(sin( 4*atan2(x, z) )*0.1)}

(the two half spheres are on top of each other and top one is scaled
down along y).

One sine-cylinder for the leg:
  function {sqrt(x*x + z*z) - 0.9 + abs(sin(4*atan2(x, z))*0.1)}

I will post the image in p.b.i so you can see the result.

Nicolas