POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : height_field question : Re: height_field question Server Time
4 Aug 2024 02:24:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: height_field question
From: Hughes, B
Date: 17 Aug 2003 20:53:41
Message: <3f402395@news.povray.org>
"Marc Champagne" <nos### [at] pleasecom> wrote in message
news:Xns### [at] 204213191226...
>    height_field {
>       function 300,300 {pattern {bumps scale 0.1 translate <1.0,0.3,0.0>}}
> What concerns me first is the use of "function" above, If I interpret
> this correctly, the "function" replaces (([HF_TYPE] "filename" )) right?
>
> Secondly, I havn't a clue as to what the 300,300 does right after the
> "function" keyword.

Hey there, Marc.

Well, it's from MegaPOV. Convenient way to get a pattern into a HF without
the need for an external image file.

The 300,300 is same as image resolution, although still within the unit size
of HF.

If you look at section 10 (10.1.8, to be more precise) of the Doc you'll
find a link within the HF usage which leads to the function image usage and
finally a link (Jump to SDL) which describes it's use. Or shorter route,
section 6.7.11.16 Function Image.

Apparently, has yet to be edited to show in the HF description for the
upcoming release of 3.51 near as I can tell so I'm glad you posted here
about it.

Bob H.