POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Chris Colefax's Mesh compressor : Re: Chris Colefax's Mesh compressor Server Time
4 Aug 2024 02:23:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Chris Colefax's Mesh compressor
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 17 Aug 2003 09:53:41
Message: <3f3f88e5@news.povray.org>
"Hugo Asm" <hua### [at] post3teledk> schreef in bericht
> > parse error: 'Illegal escape sequence in string'
> > ("C:\VirtualReality\Data files\PCM files\FlatSphere.pcm")
>
> I don't know the meshcompressor macros, but have you tried double-slashes?
> think it needs to be "C:\\VirtualReality\\Data files ...etc".
==> ?? in a directory structure?? I can try but I don't think that's the
problem...

> Have you checked that the macros switch to  #version 3.1 ?  (should be
> written at the top of the files)
==> Well yes, I did, but something went wrong anyway... I'll try again.

By the way, Chris Colefax's site has not been updated for a few years, but
he has neat includes and macros. Go to:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/1434/

Thanks for your answer!!

Thomas