POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Metal Flares - 1 attachment : Re: Metal Flares - 1 attachment - 1 attachment Server Time
4 Aug 2024 06:17:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Metal Flares - 1 attachment - 1 attachment
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 17 Aug 2003 07:42:02
Message: <3f3f6a0a@news.povray.org>
> it is a postprocessing, a C++ program :)

Oooh! That's much better.  :o)  Then I guess, you are sampling the image to
find bright spots (hopefully a 16bit image or more) and add the flares
accordingly. Are you going to deal with soft-glows as well?  I think they're
an important part of the show... MegaPOV 0.7 had postprocessing features;
among them softglow. Two days ago I found a way to make softglows via SDL on
the entire image - and without a double pass. I was inspired by a russian
poster (his image "really hot thing"). But the solution is still unnecessary
slow.

Will you send the patch to the MegaPOV team once finished?

Regards,
Hugo