POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Mystery...Notes : Re: Mystery...Notes Server Time
29 Apr 2024 09:08:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mystery...Notes
From: Shay
Date: 15 Aug 2003 17:49:24
Message: <3f3d5564$1@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] aolcom> wrote in message

| A study in scarlet
|
| This scene patiently recalls the literary genre of
| mystery writing. Taking the classic scene-of-the-crime
| as a hiding place for clues, Stephan Ferrell imbeds a
| whole checklist of references to some classics of the
| genre.  The rendering is  as satisfyingly stylized as
| is the literary form.  The picture's reach never exceeds
| its grasp.

Glad you brought this one up, Jim. This was definitely my favorite of
the round. The best thing about this image is that the body is not
highlighted in any way. The body is laying in the middle of the room,
but the attention of the viewer is left free to explore the area for
clues.

There is something very mysterious about the stillness of the scene. The
lack of action or progression gives the feeling that this mystery may
never be solved. Unlike most of the other images in this round, there is
no box to be opened, object to be grasped, or threshold to be crossed
which would reveal and diminish the mystery. Excellent pic.

 -Shay