POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rendering in Parts. : Re: Rendering in Parts. Server Time
4 Aug 2024 02:19:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering in Parts.
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 15 Aug 2003 05:11:00
Message: <3f3ca3a4$1@news.povray.org>
You can render an image in pieces unless it has radiosity. Then you're in
trouble, with lots of manual work ahead to mix parts that don't have the
same overall light.

Images without radiosity can be rendered in networks or just over sessions.
I rarely do this, but then I align the parts manually in PaintShopPro.

You can also try this nifty little application:
http://www.it-berater.org/smpov.htm

I couldn't get it to work, last time I tried but I'm sure it was my fault..
I should probably try again, since I have use for it.

Regards,
Hugo