POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rendering in Parts. : Re: Rendering in Parts. Server Time
4 Aug 2024 02:20:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering in Parts.
From: Doug Eichenberg
Date: 14 Aug 2003 22:07:25
Message: <3f3c405d$1@news.povray.org>
I'm actually in the same situation right now for my IRTC surrealism image.
The image was too much for my machine to handle in one pass, so I broke it
up into 4 pieces and I'm running it on 2 machines.  By my calculations, the
image as a whole will take 30+ days to render and I doubt it will be done by
the deadline.

Anyhow, here's what I did.  1600x1200 image, divided into 4 pieces of
1600x300.  In the command line box at the top of the POV window (the one
right next to the resolution) I type in:

+sr0 +sc0 +er0.25 +ec1

sr being start row, sc is start column, er is end row, and ec is end column.
It's all in the docs if you need better explaining.  Hopefully tht makes
sense.

--
Doug Eichenberg
www.getinfo.net/douge