POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Water Media : Re: Water Media Server Time
4 Aug 2024 02:15:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Water Media
From: Slime
Date: 12 Aug 2003 15:42:05
Message: <3f39430d$1@news.povray.org>
>     media {  #local C=<0,0,1>;

My first tip for you: Never, ever, ever use zero for one of the components
of a color. Use a small value, like 0.1 or so, instead. It creates a *much*
more realistic effect in areas where things get bright. A color component of
zero is something that you just don't find in real life.

There are exceptions, I'm sure, but speaking from experience, things look a
lot better when you use colors like <0.1, 0.15 ,1> instead of <0,0,1>.

That won't solve your media problem, though. I faced the same problem when i
made http://www.slimeland.com/images/pictures/RealWater.jpg . In the end, I
don't remember what I did. I do, however, remember fiddling with it for days
until I got it to a point where I was reasonably happy with it. Try making
the media more dense, or less dense. Fiddle with colors. Just keep trying
things. I hope someone else here has some more concrete advice for you.

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]