POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Using a word as a string and as a variable : Re: Using a word as a string and as a variable Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:27:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using a word as a string and as a variable
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 8 Aug 2003 15:57:58
Message: <3f3400c6$1@news.povray.org>
In article <1fzdy3a.1uqiza819cf4ckN%kaveh@delete_this.focalimage.com> ,
kav### [at] delete_thisfocalimagecom (Kaveh) wrote:

> So my_var is output verbatim, then with its current value. How can I do
> this?

The short answer ould be you can't.  The long answer would be to generate an
include file which does it for you.  That is, pass the variable name as
string.  Open an include file and write to it the three lines you quoted.
Then include that include file and it will output the variable for you.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde