POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : moire patterns and interesting effects and a problem : Re: moire patterns and interesting effects and a problem Server Time
4 Aug 2024 04:17:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: moire patterns and interesting effects and a problem
From: Brendan Ryan
Date: 5 Aug 2003 16:55:01
Message: <3f3019a5@news.povray.org>
darrenf wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am using a moire pattern with animation to create some interesting
> psychedelic texture animations.

We had a kid's book that had some pictures of objects and a plastic
sheet with fine lines that makes psychedelic effects when it's moved
over the pictures.  For example, a toy top would look like it's
spinning.  How would the edges of the objects in the picture be made?  I
  think that we have that book somewhere so I could find how they were made.
Brendan