POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Mystery...Puzzled : Re: Mystery...Puzzled Server Time
4 May 2024 13:48:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mystery...Puzzled
From: gonzo
Date: 5 Aug 2003 03:21:30
Message: <3f2f5afa@news.povray.org>
Shay <sah### [at] simcopartscom> wrote in message news:3f2ebd1a@news.povray.org...
> I like this picture. James Moore obscured the dead face of the poser
> character, which helped a lot.

Agreed, and the character is well posed to eliminate most of the usual
Poserish flaws.  He obviously spent some time working out the hands, but it
paid off, they look very good..

I think that the effect would be more
> powerful if the puzzle were much larger and if the creator had many more
> tools. He doesn't look very challenged to me at all.

I thought that at first, but the more I looked at it I decided that more
stuff in the picture would have detracted from the puzzle.  I get the
feeling the challenge is in the enigma of painting the pieces.

The dice are
> *great*! Their inclusion made this picture for me.
>
>  -Shay

Yes, they add another enigma to the puzzle.

The image is well composed, and the modeling of the puzzle pieces, candles
and paint pots is good, and the lighting sets each piece off so that all fit
together perfectly.

An excellent image.  This was my top pick for the round.

RG