POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : CSG shape with many 'holes' takes *forever* to render! : Re: CSG shape with many 'holes' takes *forever* to render! Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:24:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CSG shape with many 'holes' takes *forever* to render!
From: sascha
Date: 1 Aug 2003 03:33:55
Message: <3f2a17e3$1@news.povray.org>
Fuzzy wrote:
> (as far as I know the cylindrical wrapping only wraps once
> around the x axis, so I needed to create an image file wit enough holes for
> one 'row' around the cylinder)

You can use u/v mapping and then scale the map - so you can place more
copies of your image-map around the cylinder, here's an example:

camera {
	location <0,3,-10>
	look_at <0,0,0>
}

light_source {
	<-10,10,-10>
	color rgb <1,1,1>
}

cylinder {
	<0,-2,0>,<0,2,0>,3
	pigment {
		uv_mapping
		image_map {
			jpeg "f:/test.jpg"
			map_type 0
		}
		scale <0.5,0.5>
	}
	finish {
		ambient 0.3 diffuse 0.7 specular 0.5 roughness 0.01
	}
}

-sascha